Retailer Enhances Inventory Management
A brick-and-mortar retailer managed in-store inventory using a business model used that involved both electronic and human components. While the IT monitoring was sophisticated, the business process was not monitored. This resulted in a few issues.
- The end of day inventory file was not always sent on time.
- There were frequent data issues resulting in the incorrect order being placed.
- End-of-day orders did not match plan, resulting in excessive inventory.
Retailer started using iControl to stabilize the inventory management system.
- Costs were reduced because excess product was not ordered.
- Revenue was increased because new products were in stock, and available to be sold.